He sold out after a few years, and built a two-storied wooden house, near the creek, which lie opened as a wine store. He also conducted a bootmaker’s shop there. Charles
Charles Dobson became licensee of the “Shamrock," and retained possession for a long term. He eventually transferred to the “Albion,” but when the gold boom in Western Australia broke out he sold to Mr. P. J. McQuade and left for the Golden West.
The Shamrock was still standing in the 1920's, but at some point was demolished and replaced by the Club Hotel (later known as The Pub), which in turn would be demolished and replaced by the former NAB building, now home the Chisholm.