Jack Jennings Garage and Service Station, Keysborough, Originally Chandler Road, Keysborough in 1947, later years on Cheltenham Road, Keysborough. Article from 1962.
Jack arrived in Keysborough in 1947 with his tools and mechanical knowledge, pretty soon he had set up business in the building in the top picture. His mechanical skill were quickly recognized among the farmers of the area and his business grew quickly.
As his business expanded so did his premises. As well as the workshops, he built with his own two hands, a two-bay standard type outlet to market Caltex products, (see bottom picture in article). Jack worked very hard building his business up to six mechanics and two lubrication hands, attributing his success to his own hard work and the assistance given to him by Caltex staff.
Kindly shared to the page by Penny Harris Jennings.