In early 1910, a new station building was opened at the Walker street site, facing Walker street, with a lookout/training tower located along side. By the early 1940s, another new building, (or severe modifications) was built on the site. By this time the local fire crew had a Dodge and International hose carriage (truck).
This improved their ability to meet local needs, but demand continued to grow, resulting in their move to 120 Princes Hwy, in 1986. The Motel next-door had not yet been built. On this site, they also had a new Lookout and Training tower, taller and stronger. With the construction of low rise buildings, such as the former Tax Office, Dandenong needed a tall training tower.
About June/July 2015, the local station was again moved to a larger upgraded premises further up the highway (just past Gladstone road). The former Walker street site now serves as the local Art Gallery, the building undergoing modifications.
UPDATE: Recently, the former site at 120 Princes Hwy was put up for auction in the coming month.
**As of 1st April the auction has been canceled.