The Dandy Bacon Factory had also opened in 1911 bringing more business to Dandenong. Dandenong by this time had also had its own telephone exchange since 1908 with numerous local subscribers. Around this time the Mechanics Institute and local library were on the second floor of the Town Hall.
The Dandenong Market was also at this time still on the main street. The Albion at this time still had its majestic verandahs, The Bridge Hotel (the Jim Dandy), was at the opposite end of Lonsdale Street near Foster Street. The Turn Pike by this time was in place allowing the steam engines to either be turned around to return to Melbourne or be stored overnight.