It began back in 1904 with nine holes being established in Stud Road, Dandenong where the current Dandenong TAFE is situated. This golf club was then called the Dandenong Golf Club. In 1909 the club moved to Dandenong Park in an area between Pultney St and Dandenong Creek. In 1910 the club shifted to paddocks of a Mr. Hungerford which consisted of 13 holes. For unknown reasons the club moved back to Dandenong Park in 1912. Dandenong Park area was unavailable for golf between 1917 and 1919 due to the War.
After the 1st World War in 1919 golf started again on a property owned by Macpherson and Rodd and nine holes was established adjacent to the State School, now occupied by the Historical Society. During 1920 the Dandenong Golf Club established 18 holes on the property of Mr. Hemmings over the Dandenong Creek and south east of Macpersons paddock. This is now the location of he Dandenong Workers Club in Wedge St Dandenong.
The Dandenong Golf Club changed its name to Kingswood Golf Club in 1931 and the course was redesigned by MA & HV Morcom. With the urbanization of Dandenong in 1936, Kingswood Golf Club decided to relocate to its current home in Centre Dandenong Road, Dingley Village. At this point ending the last remaining link it had with Dandenong.
Photo: From the 5th Sketch Book compiled by Charles (Charlie) Hammond.