In a sense, they complemented the work of the police force of the day. The significance of their work, was possibly a factor in influencing the Victorian Government to allocate £2,000 towards the new Town Hall built in 1890, which, at the time, was to include a Courtroom.
This location was in use for fifty years before, in 1939-40, the court moved to a site on the corner of Langhorne and Wilson Streets, Dandenong, where now stands the Police Station car park. In 1960, a new courthouse was built in Windsor Avenue, Springvale.
In the 1990s, the present Dandenong Law Courts were built in Foster Street, Dandenong, on land which was formerly occupied by the Presbyterian church, that had been demolished in 1987, and the Hall of the 2nd Scout Troop of Dandenong.
The 1990s court complex on Foster street, replaced all of the smaller courts in Dandenong, Springvale and Oakleigh and is now one of the busiest court complexes within the greater Melbourne region.